As of August 2020 our housing wait list is CLOSED. We are no longer accepting applicants.
Housing counseling is only available to consumers who were on Access Living’s wait list before August of 2020. If you are not already on our wait list and are seeking housing services, please go to the HUD website to look for alternative services.
Access Living is a Center for Independent Living (CIL) that serves people with disabilities in Chicago. If you are located in another part of Illinois or in a different state, you will need to contact your local CIL for services. You can find the address and contact information for your local CIL here.
Other Housing Resources:
- Department of Housing and Urban Development website
- Not located in Chicago? Find services in your community through your local Center for Independent Living.
- You can also download and a Housing Resource List here. This document is a list of general housing resources available at the federal, state, and city levels.
Please note: Access Living does not offer emergency transitioning or housing services. If you are in need of emergency housing or shelter, please contact the City of Chicago through 311.
- Suicide/Self-harm: NAMI Chicago – (833) 626-4244
- Sexual Violence/Rape: Chicago Rape Crisis Line – (888) 293-2080
- Domestic Violence: Domestic Violence Crisis Line – (877) 863-6338
- Mental Health: Trilogy Behavioral Health Crisis Line – (800) 322-8400