Access Living works to ensure people with disabilities receive quality healthcare
Our healthcare policy work is geared toward access, community choices, and quality, well-funded health options for people with disabilities.
Resource: Webinar Library – Palliative Care and Disability Webinar with the HAP Foundation
Issues we work on include:
- Financing healthcare for people with disabilities to address disparities and discrimination in health insurance and social safety net programs
- Rebalancing our state’s spending on long-term care services toward home and community based services
- Enforcing Olmstead to ensure the civil right of people with disabilities to live in the community, not institutions or nursing homes
- Ensuring hospital access so that people with disabilities live healthy lives
- Addressing mental health so that people know their rights and have access to care
- Regulating drug prices
Access Living couples these policy efforts with our healthcare community organizing group, Taskforce for Attendant Services (TFAS). People with disabilities and their allies are encouraged to join.