Access Living offers services and support for people with disabilities in Chicago. This year, with Access Living’s support:
- 253 people with disabilities worked with us to learn how to live independently. 89% of participants in this program said they learned useful information about managing finances and the benefits available for people with disabilities.
- We connected more than 230 disabled people in Chicago to services, supports and adaptive technology that they needed to be more independent.
- We transitioned 53 people out of nursing facilities and into home and community-based settings.
- More than 250 people attended classes on affordable housing.
- More than 170 young people with disabilities worked with us to transition from high school to higher education or employment through our Fast Track and Pre-Employment Transition Services programs.
- More than 40 young people with disabilities were mentored by others with disabilities or gained employment through our programming.
- Provided 346 consumers with individualized support in hiring Personal Assistants.
- 57 people took our money management classes and 85% of them have improved their financial position.