The health and safety of our consumers and staff is our top priority at Access Living, so we want to share information that the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) has published regarding coronavirus.
The good news at this time is that the health risk to the general public from coronavirus remains low. Even so, we recognize that some of our consumers and staff members with compromised immune systems are more susceptible to infection.
The CDPH recommends the best way to protect against coronavirus is by taking the same everyday precautions against getting sick in general. These include: ·
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
When you visit Access Living, hand sanitizer stations are located in the elevator lobbies on each floor. Other measures we are putting in place include additional disinfecting of heavily used surfaces such as door handles and conference room tables.
Senior staff will continue to monitor the situation and follow best practice as directed by our public health agencies. Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for additional details on coronavirus.