July 13, 2021 | by Emma Olson
Statement Regarding Reached Agreement with the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (UI Health) and Dr. Angel Miles amicably worked together in a manner that will improve access at UI Health. As a result, UI Health is:
- Improving accessibility of its Sleep Center;
- Designating a Disability Coordinator;
- Adopting and publishing procedures for considering disability accommodations;
- Building out 27 hospital patient rooms to make them accessible;
- Adopting a policy to assure that patients with disabilities have access to the accessible rooms; and
- Training staff on these new policies and procedures.
Dr. Miles was assisted by attorneys at Access Living and Robbins, Salomon & Patt, Ltd.