Access Living of Metropolitan Chicago, a Center for Independent Living, seeks a full-time Housing Policy Analyst. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Access Living's disability rights housing policy efforts at the local, state and national levels, with a particular focus on Olmstead efforts.
The Housing Policy Analyst will be responsible for the following specific tasks as well as others:
1) Promote, advocate on and forecast progressive disability related housing legislation and policy reform;
2) With our housing organizer, conduct public education efforts around disability-related housing policy and legislation;
3) Collaborate with community organizations, government and non-governmental housing providers to develop affordable, accessible, integrated housing opportunities for people with disabilities;
4) Strategize and advise on the development of new disability-related housing policies or policy reform for accessible, affordable/subsidized and integrated housing, and
5) Provide information on and analysis of specific housing policy issues affecting the disability community.
Qualified candidates should have extensive experience in affordable housing policy and development, and knowledge of disability issues and the independent living philosophy. Qualified candidates must also have very strong writing, analytic, and public presentation skills. An understanding of housing civil rights laws, Olmstead, and of public housing funding streams, is preferred but not required. Candidates must be flexible in working evenings and weekends as needed. Travel both in and out of state is required. People with disabilities, members of other minority communities, and those with personal experience with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should mail, fax, or e-mail a resume, cover letter and a two to five page writing sample to:
Ramonita Mata, Human Resources Coordinator
Access Living of Metropolitan Chicago
115 West Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 787-3866 (fax)