Position: Manager – Community Supports Team
This position is responsible for managing a team that provides direct services to help disabled people maintain independence in the community. Those services include helping disabled people access personal assistants and homemaker services, housing counseling, financial literacy, assistive technology, peer support groups as well as information and referral.
- Communicates regularly with directly supervised staff and the Director of Independent Living to report problems, ongoing issues and accomplishments.
- Communicates regularly with other managers and supervisors in the Independent Living department, and managers across different departments, assure synergy.
- Ensures all grant deliverables are met. When deliverables are falling short of projections, work to identify barriers and implement solutions.
- Assists in supporting fundraising activities as requested.
- Promotes and coordinates the use of volunteers and interns to assist in accomplishing the work of the team.
- Provides proper guidance and motivation to ensure team functions and thrives as a cohesive unit.
- Promotes retention of well performing employees.
- Mentors staff development
- Handles all disciplinary problems and issues of under performance of directly supervised staff in coordination with Human Resources and the Director of Independent Living
- Assures that an annual job performance appraisal is completed for each supervised staff.
- Handles team related client complaints. Consults with the Director of Independent Living when necessary.
- Promotes inclusion, respect and tolerance among their own staff.
- Keeps abreast of national, state and local policy or legal developments that may affect the independence of people with disabilities.
- Develops service linkage agreements and collaboration with other agencies who provide similar or connected services.
- When requested acts as a spokesperson for Access Living on Independent Living.
- Works with the communication department as appropriate to amplify the work of the team.
- Ensures maintenance and upkeep of team client files.
- Develops annual team budgets needed in order to meet team goals.
- Assures preparation for audits conducted by Community Supports funders
- Develops outcomes and outputs for the team, in accordance with grant deliverables.
- Approves expense reports, time off requests, time cards and other documents for their team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
An understanding of the issues that people with disabilities face is essential. Must have good communication and writing skills. A master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Highly preferred: Lived experience as a person with a disability
- Highly preferred: Experience in a supervisory capacity
- Preferred: Understanding of independent living services and philosophy
Ability to travel within the city. On occasion, may travel within the state or across the country.
Computers, fax, copier, data bases, word processing, printers, scanners, software experience, and other office equipment.
Access Living shared office space, open plan seating with COVID-19 prevention parameters. This is likely this position would be able to work remotely a couple of days per week.
Number of Employees Directly Supervised:
Director of Independent Living
$53 – $60K
How to Apply:
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.