Position: Colbert and Williams Outreach Program Peer Mentor Coordinator
This position is responsible for coordinating Peer-to-Peer mentoring services to Colbert and Williams class members residing in Nursing Facilities (NFs) and Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facilities (SMHRFs). The purpose of the mentoring is to encourage class members to explore transition services under both the Colbert and Williams Consent Decrees, and teach the class members about any available services that can support them in the community.
- Coordinate Peer-to-Peer mentoring support for those clients who have expressed the need for additional support prior to transitioning into the community.
- Recruit and train new mentors.
- Communicate regularly with Access Living outreach staff and grantors to recruit new mentees.
- Provide necessary guidance and support for mentors and appropriately handle issues that arise.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with mentors.
- Collect regular reports from mentors and complete monthly and quarterly reports.
- Create and implement program evaluations.
- Enter information appropriately in databases systems.
- Process mentors invoices and stipends payments.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
Bachelor of Arts or Science and/or experience of working with people with disabilities preferred. Wide knowledge of services available for individuals with disabilities is required. Personal experience or knowledge of Peer-to-Peer mentoring services is highly desired.
Experience (personal or professional) working with people with disabilities required, and firsthand knowledge of disability preferred. Strong communication skills and proven ability to connect with a wide range of individuals; Individuals with lived recovery experience and/or individuals who have successfully transitioned from a SMHRF or NF to a Community-Based Setting are highly encouraged to apply.
Ability to travel throughout Cook County.
Computers, Fax machine
Office area is a shared workspace divided by cubicles. Verbal communication can be heard from other staff in adjoining cubicles.
Number of Employees Directly Supervised:
Manager of Community Reintegration
$38,000 – $42,500
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.