Position: Development Associate – Government Relations
Reporting to the Manager of Grants and Planned Giving, the Development Associate is responsible for preparing, submitting and reporting on all government grants/contracts for the organization and maintaining the government grants calendar. The Associate will also work with finance staff on contract/grant budget creation, budget revisions, coordination of audits, and audit responses.
- Works with program staff to submit all monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic reports to government funders.
- Responsible for ensuring that reporting requirements for all government grants and contracts are being met and we are in compliance with grant commitments.
- Completes and executes government contract renewals.
- Works with finance staff on all contract/grant budget creation and budget revisions.
- Assist with the preparation of program related budgets and proposals, including identifying and completing Requests for Proposals and contract amendments for government grants.
- Maintains data on existing government grants (contract numbers, amounts, etc)
- Meet regularly with program staff to give updates on funding requirements, obtain information for program reports, ensure appropriate contact staff attend funder meetings.
- Works with finance staff on coordination of audits, and audit responses.
- Support the grants team on foundation and grant materials as needed.
- Collects, analyzes, and synthesizes information from program staff
- Inputs general Development data entry
- Coordinates thank you notes to funders
- Research and write a broad range of documents including, proposals, reports, evaluations, and correspondence.
- Explore new opportunities for grant funding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
2 years of non-profit development experience, government contract experience a plus. First-hand experience with disability preferred. Excellent writing, organizational, communication and research skills; ability to work independently with efficiency and accuracy; ability to deal effectively with people; basic computer skills.
Word processing, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, computer, printer, fax machine
Access Living shared office space
$38,000 – $42,500 plus benefits
Manager of Grants and Planned Giving
Offer of position contingent on state criminal background check
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.