S/he will also be responsible for overseeing the remainder of Access Living’s $10 million major gifts campaign for operational priorities and the organization’s endowment, which is expected to successfully conclude in 2020.
The Director of Development has the following primary responsibilities:
• Develops the organization’s overall fundraising strategy that includes contributions and support from individuals, corporations, foundations, government funding, events and board members.
• Cultivates and solicits a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors.
• Partners with the CEO on high level cultivations, and where appropriate, represents the CEO.
• Directs planning and implementation of all fundraising initiatives of Access Living.
• With the Manager of Grants and Planned Giving, determines an effective plan for increasing support from corporations and foundations.
• Identifies and researches potential donors using internal and external sources, public records, publications, and personal contacts.
• Manages all fundraising information systems including prospect and donor profile information, prospect tracking, solicitations, and accounting records for all gifts received.
• Accumulates, evaluates, and disseminates appropriate information on prospects and donors as needed to volunteers and staff involved in solicitations.
• Plans and coordinates fundraising events and activities, including the annual gala, which raises about $750,000.
• Plans and coordinates stewardship of current donors.
• In coordination with senior team, develops strategy and conducts major decision making for the whole of the organization.
The Director of Development will accomplish the following in the first 12 to 18 months:
• Assess current development activity and work with leadership to develop strategy and implement best practices for fundraising.
• Create effective stewardship strategies for a highly engaged but changing donor base, particularly targeting individual donors.
• Establish protocols for developing and analyzing donor data and establishing methodology to best use the information in support of ongoing funding to the organization.
The Director of Development will bring the following qualities:
• A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible senior management experience in fundraising.
• Success cultivating and soliciting major gifts.
• Previous experience creating and implementing fundraising plans.
• Proven ability to use analytics and metrics to evaluate effectiveness and measure performance.
• Strong communication skills, and the ability to be articulate, creative, and strategic, and to present a compelling case for support.
• Prior experience developing a board’s capacity for fundraising and communicating the organization’s mission.
• A collaborative and team‐oriented leadership style; the ability to assess and guide the ongoing professional development of a team of fundraisers.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
Access Living has retained Campbell & Company to conduct this search on their behalf. Marian DeBerry and Joey Scheiber are leading this search. To be considered for this opportunity, please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Associate Consultant, Executive Search
(312) 896‐8897 direct