What the “Skinny Repeal” Bill will do and means for people with disabilities:
• Throw over 15 million people off of health care
• Raise health insurance premiums by 20% EACH YEAR for the foreseeable future
• Destabilize the health insurance markets
• Lay a path for a conference bill that will include Medicaid cuts and caps
All of these outcomes will be bad for people with disabilities, especially those in rural areas and those families making below the median household income.
So what to do. Now is the last great push—call, e-mail, visit offices, use social media. Here are the messages:
• NONE of the plans put forward in the Senate create more or better health care for Americans
• NONE of the plans protect people with disabilities
• The SKINNY bill denies health care to over 15 million people
• The SKINNY plan is still a threat to Medicaid if the bill goes to conference
• The Senate should not relinquish its responsibility to create good policy
• It is time to kill these bills
• It is time for bi-partisan efforts to improve health care
• Vote NO on the skinny bill and reach across the aisle to improve health care
Use this link to contact your US Senators and tell them to vote no.
Click here for link to contact Senators .
This information credited to Michael Gamel-McCormick in Senator Casey's office