Position Title: Disability Inclusion Institute, Business Development Training Specialist
Access Living seeks a Business Development and Training Specialist for its Disability Inclusion Institute. This role requires skills in sales, marketing, training, and project management. The Specialist will help develop, run, and grow Access Living’s Disability Inclusion Institute, a business training and consulting program. The fee-for-service program will guide Chicagoland businesses and other entities on disability-related access, accommodations, and inclusion. The Specialist will develop a sales plan to grow the program, and will be responsible for managing external requests for disability inclusion consulting. He or she will also be part of building, organizing, monitoring, evaluating, archiving, and conducting the trainings. The Specialist will work closely with, and will be supervised by, the Director of Communications.
Specific duties include:
· Develop prospective client list and plan for engagement
· Promote the program to targeted businesses and nonprofits
· Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of new and existing customers
· Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the unique selling propositions and differentiators
· Close sales by means of excellent customer service and salesmanship
· Develop strategies for more effective sales closing, share with team
· Maintain positive business and customer relationships
· Prioritize and/or escalate client questions and concerns to increase client satisfaction
· Source and develop client referrals
· Work with Access Living staff to integrate a fee for service component into existing training offerings
· Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
· Meet or exceed quarterly sales goals
· Continuously improve through feedback
· Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
· Develop promotional marketing materials for the Disability Inclusion Institute
· Market Disability Inclusion Institute to area corporations and other entities – writing training/project proposals as needed
· Identify business cultivation events and opportunities such as the SHRM conference, etc.
· Develop promotional events for the institute, such as ‘lunch and learns’ on relevant topics to establish Access Living as an expert in disability inclusion
· Develop speaker’s bureau of internal and external subject matter experts to support Access Living’s work
· Coordinate logistics and support for offsite and onsite disability inclusion trainings/consulting
· Refine and continually update awareness curriculum focused on workforce inclusion of people with disabilities
· Track personal appointments, status reports, and sales
· Ensure internal accountability processes are met such as database entry and quarterly reports
· Other support duties as assigned
Qualified candidates should have a majority of the following qualifications:
· Undergraduate Degree is required
· Experience (personal or professional) working with people with disabilities is preferable
· Excellent written and public presentation skills to connect with a range of individuals, companies and organizations
· Knowledge and familiarity with the disability rights movement and independent living movement is preferred
· Experience creating public presentations and evaluating their effectiveness;
· Familiarity with social media platforms
· Ability to travel throughout Illinois
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment under deadline
Equipment: Computers, fax, copier, online data web applications, Microsoft Office suite, and software experience, including power point and design, required.
Physical Demands: Ability to operate computer, and travel mainly within Cook County.
People with disabilities and members of other minority communities, are highly encouraged to apply.
Access Living offers excellent benefits, vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Resumes accepted until position is filled.
People with lived experience of disability strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $49-$55K Annually.
Interested candidates should email, mail or fax a resume and cover letter to:
115 W. Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60654
fax : 312-787-3866