This event has been canceled due to the Cubs! Celebration scheduled for November 4
Election Day is coming up soon. Access Living is trying to do its part this year to ensure that the Disability Vote is heard. Access Living has Voter Registrars on Staff who can help people register to vote and can answer other questions about voting and the Election. October 11 is the last day Access Living Voting Registrars may assist folks in getting registered in person or by mail.
The Secretary of State reports over 3.77 million unregistered Illinois voters and possibly 670 thousand voters needing to update their names and/or addresses.
Don't miss out on your chance to vote. If you need to update your registration, come by Access Living by October 11 and ask for a registrar.
After October 11, people may register at 69 West Washington in person until the day of the election, November 8.
For more information, check out this article about Getting out the Vote
Also here are more Disability Voter Resources:
1. Equip for Equality has a page dedicated to Voting Rights Information
2. REV UP: Register, Educate, Vote and Use your Power
Voting Resource Page from American Association of People with Disabilities
3. Chicago Board of Elections: Visit this site to check your voting status, find your polling place, and other information. Click here for Board of Elections
4. Early Voting in Chicago -- October 24 - November 7. Access Living is not an Early Voting Site. Check this page for listing of Early Voting Sites .
5. Join Access Living on Friday, November 4 for a “Crip the Vote” Event at Access Living in the afternoon.