Under the general supervision of the Director of Development, the Marketing, Event, Individual Fundraiser is responsible for the development of the overall marketing strategy and fundraising support for special events and all individual fundraising for Access Living to meet our organizational objectives and increase awareness of our mission. This includes the development and execution of marketing campaigns and online and direct mail appeals. This position is also responsible for the coordination and planning of any fundraising events, including providing support to the Director of Development for the Annual Gala, and low-ticket events. As well as the support of the individual Major Gifts fundraising and Database Management.
• Develop and implement direct mail and online fundraising
• Work with the Public Relations Coordinator to develop an annual marketing plan
• Ensure consistent, comprehensive, and seamless delivery of fundraising marketing messages through all appropriate channels including the organization’s website and social media
• Develop, plan, and participate in marketing and media networking events
• Provide creative and strategic thinking on how new media technologies can be utilized for marketing
• Work with the Development Director to develop a marketing plan for the Planned Giving Program
• Maintain the fundraising aspect of our web presence.
• Assist the Director of Development in planning organizing, coordinating, promoting, and facilitating fundraising for events including the Annual Gala
• Research new opportunities for fundraising opportunities, i.e. Chicago Auto Show First Look for Charity, student fundraising projects, partnerships with businesses, etc.
• Coordinate pre-event planning, timelines, and day-of schematics for each fundraising event with support from the Executive Assistant
• Work with the Executive Assistant to oversee the execution of logistical event details including banqueting, audiovisual equipment, décor, entertainment, etc. for any fundraising events
• Serve as on-site point of contact at fundraising events including supervision and placement of volunteer staff
• Supervises and monitors the development of all event publications and marketing materials
• Write and/or edit all event-related correspondence including sponsor letters, save-the-date cards, invitations and printed programs
• Work with the Public Relations Coordinator to publicize events via press and social media communication
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
• Maintain the Donor Moves Management Strategy: Process and develop strategies to move donors through both Access Living’s Annual Fund and Major Gifts pipelines
• Produce solicitation correspondences for both Annual Fund and Major Gifts appeals
• Support the Director of Development and the President and CEO to carry-out fundraising efforts (i.e. staffing phone calls, drafting letters and emails, etc.)
• Implements research and donor prospect identification using Raiser’s Edge NXT
• Develops and tracks donor centered stewardship for donors at the $1,000 level and above that is tailored for and meaningful to individual donors and their families and participates in the acknowledgement process by helping keep acknowledgements current, personal and appropriate to the level of the gift
• Works with Director of Development and CEO to schedule donor visits
• Works with Director of Development to plan and implement events for major gifts campaign
• Performs other related duties, as requested.
• Manage the gift entry process (including receipting, reporting, and donor acknowledgement)
• Produce monthly reconciliation reports with the Finance Department, and maintain a cumulative fiscal year budget and discrepancy worksheet
• Maintain up-to-date lists for the annual appeals (i.e. Annual Fund Appeal, Annual Gala Appeal, Major Gifts Appeals, Direct Mail Appeals, and Planned Giving Appeals)
• Collaborate with Development Staff to produce needed reports and donation queries
• Produce quarterly database clean-ups to maintain the integrity of the database.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
College degree required. Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort cultivating relationships with donors, Board members and volunteers required. Strong database management and word processing skills required. Copywriting and editing skills a plus. Work samples required.
2+ years of development or applicable experience. Experience in marketing and special events coordination required. Demonstrated ability to translate strategic thinking into action plans and output. Ability to achieve consistently excellent quality work that is timely and cost effective
Must be willing and able to work effectively under frequent deadlines, handle multiple projects and tasks with minimal supervision, work as part of a team, and demonstrate flexibility in accepting and carrying out assignments. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage a timeline required. Committed to fostering a philanthropic culture. Possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to think critically.
SUPERVISED BY: Director of Development
OTHER: Offer of the position will be contingent on clearance of state criminal background check and educational background check.